Join our team
Information Technology System AdministratorDesign & Development Team
JH Specialty is looking for a talented individual to join our team to manage complex web hosting environments, internal networks and systems, and interface with clients to provide a wide range of support services.
As a part of our Web Development department you’ll be joining a passionate group of individuals. Each has their own set of highly developed skills tailored to their various responsibilities.
Each day will play out in our fun, sometimes crazy, close knit, possibly hectic, flexible, always challenging, and family oriented atmosphere. Your role will be key to the success of this team: to make everyone’s job as stress free as possible.
Do you thrive on finding technical solutions and helping others to be productive?
Are you comfortable communicating with technical and nontechnical people?
Do you embrace all things IT in both your personal and professional life?
Does a work hard, play hard environment sound appealing to you?
Are you looking for a career (not just a job) that allows you to create a positive influence for our client's lives?
Does this sound familiar to you? Then you probably get us and would be a great fit!
Desired Skills & Experience:
If you are unfamiliar with some of the skill sets listed, don't worry - you will not be "on an island". We have internal and external resources that will assist you, however, any of the following could be included in your daily activities. If we move forward with the interview process, we will look forward to finding out which areas excite you, and which areas scare you.
Operating systems and server-level software including:
- Linux Red Hat
- Windows (PC & Server)
- Mac OS X
- Web Hosting Environment Config and Management (LAMP stacks)
- Scripting: bash, ruby, php
Industry related software and associated company-wide IT management, including:
- Microsoft Office Products
- Microsoft 365
- Adobe Products
- FTP software and command-line management tools
- Antivirus software (Symantec, Webroot, Office Scan, etc)
Networking (both internal and external):
- HP Servers
- DNS management
- Email and spam filter hosting and management
- Backups (tape and cloud-based)
Solid interpersonal skills including:
- Well-formed communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to interface with a variety of individuals ranging from internal team members to clients.
- Process-driven approach with the ability to adapt to an ever-changing, sometimes demanding environment.
- Team-based positive attitude, with the ability to make decisions quickly.
Some daily tasks may include:
- LAMP stack server setup / configuration
- Proactive server maintenance
- DNS setting creation and modification
- Firewall rule setup and investigation
- Client troubleshooting (phone and on-location)
- Server monitoring and backup management, log rotation, performance enhancements, and security patching
Compensation: The position will pay competitively based on experience. Benefit options include: medical / dental / life / disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid holiday / vacation / and personal time.
- Apply and let us know why you would be the perfect fit.
- Let's have fun in this process
Joining Date: Immediate
Job Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Job Role: Information Technology System Administrator
Employment Status: Full Time
Number of Positions: