Join our team
Junior Web DesignerDesign & Development Team
JH Specialty is looking for multiple humbly confident Junior Web/Digital Designers to create beautiful and usable websites, interfaces, and digital graphics for our clients. In addition to creating visually pleasing solutions, you’ll design with empathy and be an advocate for what our users really need. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean design paired with a positive can-do attitude.
The role of the Web/Digital Designer is to create solutions through visual design for our users, clients, and internal team.
Do you appreciate simplicity and have a passion for telling stories digitally through design?
Do you thrive on collaborating with a cross-functional team that rocks the details and brings your designs to life?
Are you looking for an environment where you will be challenged to grow as a designer?
Can you gracefully take feedback and criticism of your work and adapt to find the best solution for everyone?
Does a work hard, play hard environment sound appealing to you?
Are you looking to start a career (not just a job) that allows you to create a positive influence for our internal and external clients’ lives?
Still reading? Maybe JH Specialty is the place for you!
JH Specialty is a Fort Wayne based company looking for someone with a problem-solver mind and the creative talent to execute. Since 1998, the company continues to surpass customer expectations and finds itself in an ongoing growth pattern. We continue to grow because of our diversely talented team and maybe you will be the next addition to the JH family.
JH Specialty has been awarded with various awards over the 20 years of business including Best Places to Work (9 years in a row), Swagger Award, Indiana Company to Watch, Silver, Gold, Judge's Choice ADDY Awards, etc.
Wait until you see where you will be working. We are extremely proud of our 11,000 square foot, fun and functional office. Everything you would expect plus some extras like the bean bag room (with WII and Xbox), ping pong table, putting green, poker table, and bar. You won't believe it until you see it. ( Google Tour)
- Demonstrate intermediate-to-advanced level use of Sketch for web design, as well as Adobe Creative Suite including Photo Shop and Illustrator.
- Understand the latest web layout and design trends such as “mobile mentality”, responsive design, and minimalist design.
- Show ability to design for a broad spectrum of client needs, understanding a different level of design may be called upon in every project.
- Manage information architecture based on design discovery discussions.
- Maintain a basic understanding of HTML and CSS markup, and its roles in translating from design to development.
- Support the development team with design needs/fixes after a project has moved into the development phase.
- Let's face it, this space is always changing, so that means we expect you to have the passion to for continual learning.
Skills / Experience:
- Relevant experience in web/ digital design
- Strong understanding of user interface best practices, web application design and development, & usability
- Capable to manage multiple projects and multiple project deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Able to interact professionally with all levels of staff from entry level employees to C-level executives
- Ability to work in a rapidly growing, fast paced and dynamic company
Compensation: The position will pay competitively based on experience. Benefit options include: medical / dental / life / disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid holiday / vacation / and personal time.
JH Specialty is in high growth mode. We are looking for a ‘traditional web/digital designer’ as outlined above. We are also looking for those of you who consider yourself a Swiss Army Knife in this space. Someone who appreciates design as much as doing the front end development to make it a reality. Are you a Unicorn? ( good read: https://tinyurl.com/pl4a8bz )
- Apply and let us know why you would be the perfect fit.
- Please include a link to your portfolio and take the time to review our portfolio.
- Let's have fun in this process
Joining Date: Immediate
Job Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Job Role: Junior Web / Digital Designer
Employment Status: Full Time
Number of Positions: