Join our team
Digital Marketing SpecialistDesign & Development Team
Some people like consistency. If you are a Digital Marketing Specialist you know the only consistency in this space is change. We are looking for a humble, hungry, and of course talented Digital Marketing Specialist to embraces this change and help us continue to meet and exceed client expectations.
Here is how we define success in the role:
- You will be a "go to guy/gal" when it comes to digital marketing.
- To keep this status, we expect that you will continue to learn, explain, and consult in this ever-changing environment.
- Yeah, Google is a big deal in this space. We expect you to be an expert from Ads to Analytics. They have certifications in these areas and if you have not already completed these certifications that will be a necessity. Applicants that already have Google Certs will stand out.
- Communication is key. Internally and externally. In a typical day you will interact with our internal project management system, Slack, Email, and of course in person works too. All team members are on site. On a typical project you could interact with the client, an account manager, a project manager, a digital designer, a programmer, and yes there is direct access to the C-suite.
- Client meetings. We want you there during the planning process and also there when we get to celebrate success.
- Client reporting. Today we use a blend of internal and external tools to deliver ongoing reporting to our clients. This routinely happens for every client monthly.
- Accountability. We understand that no one is perfect. We also understand that there is some trial, error, and guesswork in this space. However, at the end we expect you to own job responsibilities, successes, and areas when things don't go perfect.
- Record work entries daily. Probably not a highlight of anyone's day but necessary to our ability to keep an accurate schedule, conduct capacity training, and keep everyone on the same page in this fast-paced environment.
- Publishing. We would like to see at least (1) blog post written monthly for our website about what is happening in the search and digital marketing space.
Still reading? Maybe JH would be a good fit?
JH Specialty is a Fort Wayne based company looking for someone with a problem-solver mind and the customer service talent to support it. Since 1998, the company continues to surpass customer expectations and finds itself in an ongoing growth pattern. We continue to grow because of our diversely talented team and maybe you will be the next addition to the JH family.
JH Specialty has been recognized with various awards over the 19+ years of business including Best Places to Work (9 years in a row), Swagger Award, Indiana Company to Watch, plus various ADDY Awards each year including Silver, Gold, Judge's Choice, and Best of Show.
Wait until you see where you will be working. We are extremely proud of our 17,000 square foot, fun and functional office. Everything you would expect plus some extras like the bean bag room (with WII and Xbox), ping pong table, putting green, poker table, and bar. You won't believe it until you see it. Check out our Google Tour.
Team members find satisfaction working here because:
- Every day is different
- They create a positive influence on businesses and business owners across the country
- They work in a family atmosphere environment
- They know team members have their back, and they are there for their team members
- They work in an environment where everyone strives to live by ‘The Golden Rule.’
For this position we are looking for the following characteristics/skills/experience:
- A problem solver and learner personality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Often described as: Professional, Courteous, Efficient, Knowledgeable, Helpful
- Ability to communicate clearly, timely, and effectively
- Aptitude to understand the technical knowledge level of each 'person in the room' in order to translate the appropriate response or solve.
- Critical thinking skills to understand, test, and troubleshoot
- Strong multi-tasking capability; you may be juggling multiple things at once
- Accountability. We understand no one is perfect, but we expect team members to live up to defined success measures, and if something does get missed, own it, and work with the team to remedy.
- Ability to prioritize on-the-fly when multiple things need accomplished.
- Strong understanding and consistent use of Google Analytics and Google Ads for large scale marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Strong understanding of third-party SEO/SEM tools and indexes, implications of differing data sets, and how this ultimately plays into a Google-focused strategy.
- Strong understanding with the facebook platform. This includes account management and opportunities within facebook ads.
- Strong understanding in how content plays a role in digital marketing to accomplish specific and broad goals.
- Strong understanding of user experience (UX) best practices, web design and development, & usability
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in the digital marketing industry.
(yes - it appears we like to use the word Strong)
The Hiring Process:
We think we have a pretty good process to make sure it is a good fit for the person and the company. It all starts when you apply and tell us why you would be the perfect fit. If you want to stick out feel free to be creative after the formal submission. We will review all applications and those that make the short list will be asked to participate in a phone interview. If you get invited to do a test, an online personality assessment, and ultimately a few in person interviews then we are heading in the right direction.
The position will pay competitively based on experience. Feel free to provide a pay range requested with your application. We are not afraid to discuss compensation. Above and beyond your weekly check we do have a great benefits package with options that include: medical / dental / life / disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid holiday / vacation / and personal time.