Join our team
Digital Marketing SpecialistDesign & Development Team
Do you have a proven track record in the SEO/SEM space?
Do you consider yourself a master of any platforms or programs in this space? Any certifications to share?
Do you think someone can be proficient in both the organic and paid digital marketing space?
Can you show how to use social media to create specific results, no matter what they continue to do with the algorithm?
Are you comfortable meeting with clients to understand first, provide a proposed approach second, and then ultimately report effectively once they sign up?
Are you willing to "go down the rabbit hole" to analyze and explain complex data associations between various marketing channels?
Do you have a learner personality in this ever-changing space?
Does a work hard, play hard environment sound appealing?
Ready for a career (not just a job) that allows you to give high fives and create a positive influence for our internal and external clients' lives?
Do you believe in the golden rule: Treat others how you would want to be treated?
Still reading? Maybe we would be a good fit! As you can tell we care just as much about what you think as what we think.
JH Specialty is a Fort Wayne based company looking for someone with a problem-solver mind and the client service talent to support it. Since 1998, the company continues to surpass customer expectations and finds itself in an ongoing growth pattern. We continue to grow because of our diversely talented team and maybe you will be the next addition to the JH family.
JH Specialty has been recognized with various awards over the 19+ years of business including Best Places to Work (9 years in a row), Swagger Award, Indiana Company to Watch, plus various ADDY Awards each year including Silver, Gold, Judge's Choice, and Best of Show.
Wait until you see where you will be working. We are extremely proud of our 11,000 square foot, fun and functional office. Everything you would expect plus some extras like the bean bag room (with WII and Xbox), ping pong table, putting green, poker table, and bar. You won't believe it until you see it. Check out our Google Tour.
Here is how we define success in the position:
- You are our "go to guy/gal" when it comes to digital marketing.
- To keep this status, we expect that you will continue to learn, explain, and consult in this ever-changing environment.
- Yeah, Google is a big deal in this space. We expect you to be an expert from Adwords to Analytics. They have certifications in these areas and we would expect you to have completed these certifications and continue to keep up with ongoing testing.
- Communication is key. Internally and externally. In a typical day you will interact with our internal project management system, Slack, Email, and of course in person works too. All team members are on site. On a typical project you will interact with the client, a JH account manager, and a JH project manager.
- Record work entries daily. Probably not a highlight of anyone's day but necessary to our ability to keep an accurate schedule, conduct capacity training, and keep everyone on the same page in this fast paced environment.
- Client meetings. We want you there during the planning process and also there when we get to celebrate success.
- Client reporting. Today we use a blend of internal and external tools to deliver ongoing reporting to our clients. This routinely happens for every client monthly.
- Accountability. We understand that no one is perfect. We also understand that there is some trial, error, and guesswork in this space. However at the end we expect you to own job responsibilities, successes, and areas when things don't go perfect.
- Publishing. We would like to see at least (1) blog post written monthly for our website about what is happening in the search and digital marketing space.
To get past the gate keeper we are looking for someone with the following skills/experience:
- 2+ years of experience in the digital marketing industry
- Strong understanding and consistent use of Google Analytics and Google AdWords for large scale marketing campaigns and strategies
- Strong understanding of third-party SEO/SEM tools and indexes, implications of differing data sets, and how this ultimately plays into a Google-focused strategy
- Capabilities in content creation across multiple channels and mediums, along with implementation into the appropriate SEO/SEM strategy
- Strong understanding of user interface best practices, web application design and development, & usability
- Ability to manage mid-market to enterprise level clients and budgets
- Strong interpersonal communication skills including client-facing communications
- Able to interact professionally with all levels of staff from entry level employees to C-level executives
- Ability to work in a rapidly growing, fast paced and dynamic company
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
The Hiring Process:
We think we have a pretty good process to make sure it is a good fit for the person and the company. It all starts when you fill out the form below and submit your resume. If you want to stick out feel free to be creative after the formal submission. We will review all applications and those that make the short list will be asked to participate in a phone interview. If you get invited to do a test, an online personality assessment, and ultimately a few in person interviews then we are heading in the right direction.
The position will pay competitively based on experience. Feel free to put in a pay range request with your submission. We do offer an extensive benefit package that includes: medical / life / disability / dental insurance, 401k with company match, paid holiday / vacation / personal time.
Joining Date: Immediate
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Job Role: SEO/SEM Specialist
Employment Status: Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1