Join our team
Accounting SpecialistAccounts Team
JH Specialty is looking for a talented Accounting Specialist to help manage overall financial details of the firm. The ideal candidate should have an eye for details, an ear for understanding internal and external customer needs, and a voice to recommend process improvements.
The role of the Accounting Specialist is to be the transaction process expert and accuracy point person for JH Specialty’s Professional Services Group.
Do you thrive on working with a team that relies on you for your accuracy and attention to detail?
Can you troubleshoot problematic transactions?
Does a work hard, play hard, environment sound appealing to you?
Are you looking for a career (not just a job) that allows you to create a positive influence for our internal and external clients' lives?
Still reading? Maybe JH Specialty is the place for you!
JH Specialty is a Fort Wayne based company looking for someone with a problem-solver mind and the client service talent to support it. Since 1998, the company continues to surpass customer expectations and finds itself in an ongoing growth pattern. We continue to grow because of our diversely talented team and maybe you will be the next addition to the JH family.
JH Specialty has been awarded with various awards over the 20 years of business including Best Places to Work (9 years in a row), Swagger Award, Indiana Company to Watch, Silver, Gold, Judge's Choice ADDY Awards, etc.
Wait until you see where you will be working. We are extremely proud of our 11,000 square foot, fun and functional office. Everything you would expect plus some extras like the bean bag room (with WII and Xbox), ping pong table, putting green, poker table, and bar. You won't believe it until you see it.
Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivables Responsibilities
- Review and post sales transaction details into Quickbooks
- Create and send regularly scheduled invoices (revolving accounts)
- Coordinate and communicate with Project Managers to verify completion of digital marketing services milestones for proper billing
- Verify receipt of payments from customers
- Verify received A/P invoice costs against associated purchase orders
- Analyze and resolve A/P invoice/PO discrepancies
- Process A/P check runs weekly
- Assist in month-end close process
- Review and verify account classifications
- Assist in balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist in other various accounting/finance/HR administrative duties
- Excellent internal customer service history
- Able to work independently and within a team setting
- Strong organization and attention to detail skills
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- 1+ years of experience using Microsoft Office and Quickbooks
Think you'd be a great fit?